Not saying that I’m behind the times but I played this for the first time last week – a freebie from 14 years ago and it’s only just worked its way into my CD player.
A select of tracks from 2001 a number of which I love and I’ve only just discovered now. That could be seen as depressing but I prefer to look on the positive side – I’ve got so much music to work through I’ll be finding new gems for the rest of my life.
So my two new ‘go to’ tracks on this CD? They are –
Aerodynamic by Daft Punk. Now I know that DP are big but this is the first thing I’ve ever knowingly heard by them. Love the repetition of themes and the kicking guitar – not so keen about the cartoon in the video though, for me it distracts from the music.
Witness (1 Hope) by Roots Manuva. Normally this isn’t my sort of music but for some reason I really like this. Good lyrics coupled with a decent beat do the job………
Various Artists – Q Best of 2001 (2001) – CD
- The Strokes – The Modern Age
- The Charlatans – Love Is The Key
- Ryan Adams – The Rescue Blues
- Gorillaz – 5/4
- Roots Manuva – Witness (1 Hope)
- N.E.R.D* Featuring Kelis & Terrar – Truth Or Dare
- Daft Punk – Aerodynamic
- Elbow – Newborn (Album Version)
- Radiohead – You And Whose Army?
- Muse – Hyper Music
- Turin Brakes – Underdog (Save Me)
- R.E.M. – All The Way To Reno (You’re Gonna Be A Star)
- Ed Harcourt – Hanging With The Wrong Crowd
- Ash – Shining Light
- AIR – How Does It Make You Feel?
- OutKast – So Fresh, So Clean
- Andrew WK – Party Til You Puke
- Starsailor – Fever
- Stereophonics – Step On My Old Size Nines
Rate – 3/5
Listening Since Day One
CDs – 27, Vinyl Singles – 16, LPs – 17, Downloads – 5, Cassettes – 1
Total Tracks: 630, Time: 47h 39m 06s